The Palomar Icon™ Laser is a non-ablative, 1540nm fractional laser, which means that abnormal skin is not vaporized, but instead, is heated in tiny columns resulting in new skin forming in those areas. The treatment targets scarring, brown spots, and broken blood vessels by focusing very tiny columns of laser light at the skin to remove the abnormal tissue, leaving areas of normal skin in-between the columns undamaged.
This makes the procedure much less painful and healing much faster than the old non-fractional lasers.
- Fine lines and wrinkles caused by aging and the sun
- Scarring from acne, surgery or trauma
- Brown spots (age spots/sun spots) on the face, neck, chest, arms and hands
- Red blood vessels from rosacea or sun damage on the face, neck and chest
- Large oil glands on the face (sebaceous hyperplasias)
- Uneven skin tone